Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 following 94 days in hospital battling COVID-19.


Nick Cordero has tragically passed away after spending more than 90 days in hospital fighting for his life due to COVID-19 related complications.  
The 41-year-old, Broadway start died on Sunday at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Cordero's death was announced by his wife Amanda Kloots in a heartbreaking post on Instagram. The couple share one child together, a one-year-old son named Elvis.
'God has another angel in heaven now. My darling husband passed away this morning. He was surrounded in love by his family, singing and praying as he gently left this earth,' she wrote. 

'I am in disbelief and hurting everywhere. My heart is broken as I cannot imagine our lives without him. Nick was such a bright light.'
especially talk' and that he was 'an incredible actor and musician.'
'He loved his family and loved being a father and husband. Elvis and I will miss him in everything we do, everyday,' said Kloots. 
She went on to thank the medical team that aided her husband in his tumultuous months-long health battle. 
'To Nick's extraordinary doctor, Dr. David Ng, you were my positive doctor! There are not many doctors like you. Kind, smart, compassionate, assertive and always eager to listen to my crazy ideas or call yet another doctor for me for a second opinion. You’re a diamond in the rough.⠀
'I cannot begin to thank everyone enough for the outpour of love , support and help we’ve received these last 95 days. You have no idea how much you lifted my spirits at 3pm everyday as the world sang Nicks song, Live Your Life. We sang it to him today, holding his hands. 
'As I sang the last line to him, “they’ll give you hell but don’t you light them kill your light not without a fight. Live your life,” I smiled because he definitely put up a fight. I will love you forever and always my sweet man,' 
Cordero was first admitted to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Hospital in late March after initially being diagnosed with pneumonia. 
Kloots revealed on March 31 that her husband was in intensive care and was having a 'hard time breathing'. Days later, doctors confirmed Cordero was suffering from coronavirus after being tested three times, testing negative on the first two occasions. 

Comments